Tuesday, November 16, 2004


Im in total dilemma.. help me!!!! Can korang think this stuff for me as well
Selamat Kimah


Congratulations on receiving the summer scholarship from UQ. When do you have time to talk about possible projects? Sue Golding and I have a project that we would like you to consider in coal seam methane which looks at coal characteristics that potentially control reservoir permeability. Core is available for logging through Queensland Gas Company (the same company that Ray Johnson works for). The project would entail detailed brightness profiling of coal core and possibly some laboratory analysis.


The project will require field work in central Queensland (Surat Basin, a few hours drive from Brisbane but you will need to stay in the field during weekdays for maybe 2-3 weeks). Your costs will be taken care of (travel, accommodation, living allowance), and both Sue and I will spend time on site with you to ensure everything is set up properly. We can arrange the times to suit your needs and company availability.


The information will contribute to a project that Sue and I want to conduct, and potentially to Ray’s PhD. There is also opportunity to use the data for an Honours thesis. I understand that you have been offered a job in Malaysia, but if you wanted to try and convince your company to do an honours project here, Sue and I are happy to help write letters to the company.


Does this project interest you and are you able to travel? Please contact me or Sue as soon as you can to discuss. I will try to reach you at home but only have a coastal number.


Kind regards


Joan

plus exam tadi sgt susah.. have another paper... semoga Allah permudahkan yg ini.. dah tak larat dahh!!!

No comments: